Our
Businesses

Managing the supply chain from harvesting to distribution

Timber

FARLIN TRADES IN PLANTATION LOGS AND TIMBER PRODUCTS, SUITABLE FOR USE IN THE MANUFACTURE OF VENEER, PLYWOOD AND FURNITURE, AS WELL AS SAWN TIMBERS, A MAINSTAY OF THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY.

Our timber is sourced from all over the world and sold principally to China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam and the Middle East.

Our competitive edge lies in our end-to-end supply chain management, integrating all key processes from procurement to final distribution. To this end, we have obtained timber plantation harvesting rights in New Zealand and various parts of West Africa. By owning our own plantations and logging facilities, and undertaking the complete cycle of harvesting, replantation and processing of timber, we can assure our trading partners and customers of consistent quality products right from the ground up.

Our value-driven supply chain also extends to managing the logistics process, ensuring timely delivery through a network of affiliated vessels and master mariners to our global network of warehouses, and from there to our customers, enforcing strict quality control every step of the way.

Raw Cashew Nuts

We are a global exporter of raw cashew nuts

Farlin is a global exporter of raw cashew nuts sourced from the Ivory Coast, Benin, Guinea Bissau and Tanzania. The raw cashew nuts are procured directly from the farmers at their origin, where they undergo stringent quality control inspections before being transported to our processing warehouses to be dried and packaged for export to India and Vietnam.

Our investment in state-of-the-art drying facilities and world-class warehousing logistics ensures that high quality is uniform across every shipment.

Sesame Seed

Highly valuable oilseed

Sesame is a high value oilseed that ranks sixth in the world among vegetable oils with most of the production happening in Asia and Africa. In Africa, major sesame producing countries include Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, Nigeria, Sudan, Mali and Togo. We source sesame seeds from Africa, Myanmar, India mainly through major processors and their business associates.

About 90% of sesame seeds procured is sold in raw form to large state-owned importers in China and four large trading houses in Japan which act as purchasing agents for Japanese crushers/ processors. A large portion of the remaining 10% is sold to small importers in Turkey.